|Salary||USD -- USD|
|Number of hire|
Summary: The General Manager provides overall leadership to CAMFEBA Secretariat and CAMFEBA Operational Strategy and acts as a key representative of employers, particular at national events. There are regional representations as well where the General Manager is expected to engage amongst other similar Employer organizations in the region.
Overall, the P&L or the organization is the GM responsibility with the expectations of enabling division leaders and their teams to meet targets and innovate services. The GM plays an important co-ordination role and must have superior communication and engagement skills. The GM reports
directly to the Executive committee and help to inform policy positions and negotiations at with various government departments, but mostly labor and social ministries.
Detailed Role and responsibility in order of importance:
• Advocacy, Lobbying, Public Relations and Communication with members: CAMFEBA is a membership organization. The GM will play a pivotal role in advocacy and coordination of data and information to enable the Executive Board and Membership Committees to represent employers and Cambodia effectively. The GM will become a thought leader on a particular topic to represent CAMFEBA, but plays an important coordination role on all labor and social themes the association works on. The GM will build an advocacy team to support a developing agenda and budget. The GM will report to a board of directors of executive committee on a regular basis and have full access to all board members. The GM acts as the face of the organization and has to build strong relationships with various actors – including government, unions, and regional actors.
• Management of the secretariat – Human Resources and Administration: An important role of the GM is to manage the secretariat and different divisions within CAMFEBA and ensure transparency and coordination of the team. There is a membership services department, operations department, training department, legal department and research & policy department at present. The organization chart of CAMFEBA is being re-evaluated and the GM will play an important role in fostering team work, cooperation and service delivery of all the divisions. The GM plays a critical role in the recruitment of a team members and makes final decisions on staffing and hiring in the organization mostly. The GM is responsible for the overall management and motivation of team members and their development, including providing input into work plans and ensuring that teams are delivering on their individual targets. All international operational and HR Policies are the responsibility of the GM to develop and enforce. New IT Systems are being implemented to enhance communication and sharing and a key indicator of success for the new GM will be the implementation of new IT systems. The GM plays a critical role in the innovation and delivery of services with the secretariat, identifying member’s needs and turning them into member services offering that enable sustainability of the organization.
• Management of Administration and Financial Management: The GM plays an important role in financial management which is enabled through the secretariat and their delivery of services. All administration related to operations of the organization as well as the maintaining a positive balance sheet and P&L. The GM is responsible for reporting on operational and financial management to the board on a quarterly basis, but also to re-engage and develop services to realize financial sustainability.
|Requirement||- Master Degree of Law, Business Administration, Management, Economics or other related fields
- At least 5 years of progressive relevant job experience including planning, budgeting, marketing, branding, advocacy & policy
- Solid understanding of Cambodian Labour Laws
- Good knowledge and understanding of industrial relations in Cambodia business context and environment
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Fluent in English & Khmer language
- Good at Microsoft offices (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook
Interested applicants should submit your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send certificates or copies of testimonials. Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The deadline is 28 December 2017 at 05:00pm.
|Company||CAMBODIAN FEDERATION OF EMPLOYERS AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS (CAMFEBA)|
|Address||No. 3, St. 528, Sangkat Boeung Kak 1, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.|
|Phone||023 230 023/023 230 022|